This is important. We are all concerned about our children’s welfare.
● With the passage of SB 94 (MAUCRSA), hardcore advertising and packaging restrictions are now in play. These include:
○ advertising or marketing cannabis or cannabis products in a manner intended to encourage persons under 21 years of age to consume cannabis or cannabis products
○ advertising or marketing on a billboard or similar advertising device located on an Interstate Highway or on a State Highway which crosses the California border
○ advertising or marketing cannabis or cannabis products on an advertising sign within 1,000 feet of a day care center, school providing instruction in kindergarten or any grades 1 through 12, playground, or youth center.
○ free giveaways of cannabis or cannabis accessories as part of a business promotion.
○ publishing or disseminating advertising or marketing that is attractive to children.
○ packages and labels shall not be made to be attractive to children
○ edible cannabis products shall not be designed to be appealing to children or easily confused with commercially sold candy or foods that do not contain cannabis.
○ packaging shall be designed or constructed to be significantly difficult for children under five years of age to open
○ all product labels and inserts shall include the government warning in large, bold font.